Monday 26 December 2011

Don't See Sinister Please.

Running Spy

Four high halls,
A wondering eye.
Seven breaths later,
She left me to die.


Revenge


You wronged me.

And now you lay there cold and breathless,
Because if you wrong me-
I leave you cold and breathless.

A sickly frail sneaking,
Murder on the stairs, a short half sketch,
Across alabaster skin drawing lines of fire.

Our hands hold justice, a blade of ice.
Because if you wrong us,
We leave you cold and breathless.


Blame

Battle a dance, a clash of tides,
Thundered in smoke a wise man hides,
Run boy run, his screams made pain,
The boy looked back, the boy was slain.


Confusion

I saw the earth made diamond,
A cloud at the bottom of the door,
There are feet running circles on the pavement,
There's a body, hanging from the floor.

I saw a horse pulled backwards,
I saw a dagger in the law,
There are five small hearts on this harp string,
There's a body, hanging from the floor.

I saw the bed sheets darken,
Past the window, a shadow on the moor,
There's a man sat laughing underneath me,
My body, hanging from the floor.

*  *  *

I wrote these yesterday, they're not the best but they were fun, it was a nice change. I don't do much poetry and I never have a craving to write it, so this was an unexpected twist to my day *haha* - I am not as morbid as they may sound, today I am actually quite happy! I have started reading Warbreaker and I must say, it is devilishly intriguing. The magic system really annoyed me at first because it was so alien and I just couldn't get my head around it... BUT! I think that this is a good thing, it's how I'd react if I was introduced to a real magic system - if one were to exist. 

Also, my initial inability to accept it only proves to me that it is an original concept, if I understood it straight away and recognised its rules and conventions then it would mean that I had, in some form, seen it previously. I have to say, this seems to be the case with a lot of high fantasy novels I have read, their magic systems have been done and it gets boring. Warbreaker has brought something new and I'm really enjoying it. The review won't be up tomorrow but I will definitely have it finished by Wednesday - I've been busy what with all the Christmas madness! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment